- BTL landlords support calls for ‘benefits to cover rents’ May 22, 2020MPs on parliament’s Housing, Communities and Local Government have called for greater financial support to be provided to all tenants during the COVID-19 outbreak. The committee wants the Local Housing Allowance to be set at a rate that reflects real market rents, which is something landlords have long been calling for. Research...
- Economic impact of Covid-19 could ‘trigger big price reductions’ May 22, 2020Many landlords and letting agents are increasingly concerned about the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic on their tenants and property portfolio, but with the property market reopening for business, are their potential ‘bargains’ to be had for those currently thinking of expanding their property portfolios. Mortgages for Business has identified...
- Demand for rental property increases by a third May 22, 2020Demand for rental property is up 33% compared to this time last year as market restrictions ease and renters plan for the near-term future, according to Rightmove. Monday 18th May saw the highest level of rental demand ever recorded in one day on the property website. In terms of new stock, almost...
- Sell your home this summer - House Tree's top tips May 18, 2016Summer is just around the corner. And, contrary to popular opinion, it is as good a time as any to sell a property. In fact, if you plan ahead and promote your home’s best attributes effectively, you could have an even greater chance than usual of getting your home sold. The longer... ?>
- How to make sure your garden is ready for a summer sale May 9, 2016Spring is now well under way, blue skies are making an appearance on a more frequent basis and activity in the property market is, as usual at this time of the year, starting to motor. The better weather and longer days encourages more people to get out and about, viewing properties... ?>
- Three ways to attract new tenants this spring March 24, 2016As a landlord, your goal is to attract high-quality tenants in order to keep your rental property occupied and minimise void periods. Having a large number of prospective tenants fighting over your rental property is never a bad thing, as this way you can be pickier when it comes to selecting... ?>
RENOVATIONS AND INTERIOR DESIGN
- INTERIOR DESIGN TRENDS TO EXPECT IN 2017: BACK TO GREEN February 1, 2017Kicking off 2017, we’ve predicted stabilisation in the property market with sustainable growth and high demand. Whether you’re looking to take advantage of the abundance of hungry buyers by putting your property on the market, or simply want to make your house feel more like a home; we’ve put together... ?>
- Why those odd jobs can make all the difference when selling a property May 4, 2016When it comes to selling a home, it is often the little things that will count the most. Getting all those little odd jobs done, in order to make your home look its absolute best before would-be buyers view it, is one way of increasing your chances of pushing through a... ?>
- How to keep your rental home electricity safe March 24, 2016It’s been said many times before, but it’s something that can never be said enough – as a landlord, you have a duty of care towards your tenants; an obligation to keep them safe and away from any harm. When it comes to electrical safety, though, it’s all too easy to... ?>
PROPERTY INVESTMENT / PORTFOLIO BUILDING STRATEGIES AND DISCUSSIONS
- The pros and cons of student accommodation in London April 18, 2016Some property investors are put off student accommodation by the scare stories they read about in the media, but there are many reasons why investment in this area can lead to big rewards. That’s not to say it’s without its own set of risk factors, but investing in student accommodation –... ?>
- What to look for in a buy-to-let investment property April 11, 2016There has been plenty of coverage about incoming buy-to-let tax changes and how this is bad news for landlords and investors across the country. However, buy-to-let still represents a very good investment opportunity if you choose the right areas and market your property well. Returns and yields can still be strong if... ?>
- There has never been a better time to secure a mortgage April 5, 2016According to Balgores Property Group, leading estate agents in Essex, there has never been a better time to secure a mortgage, with an increasing range of products for buyers and record low costs for two and three year fixed mortgage deals. Data from the Mortgage Advice Bureau (MAB) shows that the... ?>
FINANCE AND MORTGAGES
- Your opportunity to discuss Finance and Mortgages May 1, 2015Agents, brokers, intermediaries, investors and all, you're in the right place to discuss the latest goings-on in the complicated world of property finance. Pose your questions here or give advice to those new to the industry. You can start a new thread by clicking on the speech bubble icon to the... ?>