- Complete ban on evictions and additional protection for renters from today March 27, 2020The court service has from today suspended all ongoing housing possession action, which means that neither cases currently in the or any about to go in the system can progress to the stage where someone could be evicted. This suspension of housing possessions action will initially last for 90 days, but...
- Coronavirus concerns: BTL borrowing options have been ‘drastically reduced’ March 27, 2020Hundreds of buy-to-let mortgage products have been withdrawn from the market due to the coronavirus outbreak, according to Property Master. The online buy-to-let mortgage broker warns that buy-to-let landlords will now struggle to get mortgages as the impact of the Coronavirus sees lenders pull product ranges, tighten lending criteria and widen margins. Angus...
- What happens when tenants leave in the middle of an agreement? March 27, 2020In principle, tenancy contracts are binding upon both parties and hence can be enforced in a court of law. In practice, negotiation is generally more effective and less costly than litigation. When tenants give notice, try to determine their reasons and see if you can address them There are basically two reasons...
- Sell your home this summer - House Tree's top tips May 18, 2016Summer is just around the corner. And, contrary to popular opinion, it is as good a time as any to sell a property. In fact, if you plan ahead and promote your home’s best attributes effectively, you could have an even greater chance than usual of getting your home sold. The longer... ?>
- How to make sure your garden is ready for a summer sale May 9, 2016Spring is now well under way, blue skies are making an appearance on a more frequent basis and activity in the property market is, as usual at this time of the year, starting to motor. The better weather and longer days encourages more people to get out and about, viewing properties... ?>
- Three ways to attract new tenants this spring March 24, 2016As a landlord, your goal is to attract high-quality tenants in order to keep your rental property occupied and minimise void periods. Having a large number of prospective tenants fighting over your rental property is never a bad thing, as this way you can be pickier when it comes to selecting... ?>
RENOVATIONS AND INTERIOR DESIGN
- INTERIOR DESIGN TRENDS TO EXPECT IN 2017: BACK TO GREEN February 1, 2017Kicking off 2017, we’ve predicted stabilisation in the property market with sustainable growth and high demand. Whether you’re looking to take advantage of the abundance of hungry buyers by putting your property on the market, or simply want to make your house feel more like a home; we’ve put together... ?>
- Why those odd jobs can make all the difference when selling a property May 4, 2016When it comes to selling a home, it is often the little things that will count the most. Getting all those little odd jobs done, in order to make your home look its absolute best before would-be buyers view it, is one way of increasing your chances of pushing through a... ?>
- How to keep your rental home electricity safe March 24, 2016It’s been said many times before, but it’s something that can never be said enough – as a landlord, you have a duty of care towards your tenants; an obligation to keep them safe and away from any harm. When it comes to electrical safety, though, it’s all too easy to... ?>
PROPERTY INVESTMENT / PORTFOLIO BUILDING STRATEGIES AND DISCUSSIONS
- The pros and cons of student accommodation in London April 18, 2016Some property investors are put off student accommodation by the scare stories they read about in the media, but there are many reasons why investment in this area can lead to big rewards. That’s not to say it’s without its own set of risk factors, but investing in student accommodation –... ?>
- What to look for in a buy-to-let investment property April 11, 2016There has been plenty of coverage about incoming buy-to-let tax changes and how this is bad news for landlords and investors across the country. However, buy-to-let still represents a very good investment opportunity if you choose the right areas and market your property well. Returns and yields can still be strong if... ?>
- There has never been a better time to secure a mortgage April 5, 2016According to Balgores Property Group, leading estate agents in Essex, there has never been a better time to secure a mortgage, with an increasing range of products for buyers and record low costs for two and three year fixed mortgage deals. Data from the Mortgage Advice Bureau (MAB) shows that the... ?>
FINANCE AND MORTGAGES
- Your opportunity to discuss Finance and Mortgages May 1, 2015Agents, brokers, intermediaries, investors and all, you're in the right place to discuss the latest goings-on in the complicated world of property finance. Pose your questions here or give advice to those new to the industry. You can start a new thread by clicking on the speech bubble icon to the... ?>