- “Don’t hand money to millionaire landlords” unions tell government March 2, 2021Trade unions have joined the call for renters with Covid-related arrears to get cash help from the government - but they warn the government not to hand money to “millionaire landlords.” The unions Unite, Unison, teachers’ union NEU, the GMC and communications union CWU have joined with tenant activists groups to write...
- Landlord ordered to repay almost £750,000 in “illicit earnings” March 2, 2021A Crown Court judge has ordered a landlord to pay back almost £750,000 in illicit earnings made from overcrowded properties in London. It is believed to be the largest such order for a planning breach made anywhere in the country so far this year. The order was made against Mohammed Mehdi Ali...
- Covid arrears not such a big problem according to new survey March 2, 2021A major survey of landlords, tenants and letting agents suggests Covid-related arrears may not be the big problem as some fear. The survey, by rental sector suppliers mydeposits and Ome, was of over 14,200 landlords agents and tenants. It considers factors such as the relationship between different parties, challenges and changes...
- Sell your home this summer - House Tree's top tips May 18, 2016Summer is just around the corner. And, contrary to popular opinion, it is as good a time as any to sell a property. In fact, if you plan ahead and promote your home’s best attributes effectively, you could have an even greater chance than usual of getting your home sold. The longer... ?>
- How to make sure your garden is ready for a summer sale May 9, 2016Spring is now well under way, blue skies are making an appearance on a more frequent basis and activity in the property market is, as usual at this time of the year, starting to motor. The better weather and longer days encourages more people to get out and about, viewing properties... ?>
- Three ways to attract new tenants this spring March 24, 2016As a landlord, your goal is to attract high-quality tenants in order to keep your rental property occupied and minimise void periods. Having a large number of prospective tenants fighting over your rental property is never a bad thing, as this way you can be pickier when it comes to selecting... ?>
RENOVATIONS AND INTERIOR DESIGN
- INTERIOR DESIGN TRENDS TO EXPECT IN 2017: BACK TO GREEN February 1, 2017Kicking off 2017, we’ve predicted stabilisation in the property market with sustainable growth and high demand. Whether you’re looking to take advantage of the abundance of hungry buyers by putting your property on the market, or simply want to make your house feel more like a home; we’ve put together... ?>
- Why those odd jobs can make all the difference when selling a property May 4, 2016When it comes to selling a home, it is often the little things that will count the most. Getting all those little odd jobs done, in order to make your home look its absolute best before would-be buyers view it, is one way of increasing your chances of pushing through a... ?>
- How to keep your rental home electricity safe March 24, 2016It’s been said many times before, but it’s something that can never be said enough – as a landlord, you have a duty of care towards your tenants; an obligation to keep them safe and away from any harm. When it comes to electrical safety, though, it’s all too easy to... ?>
PROPERTY INVESTMENT / PORTFOLIO BUILDING STRATEGIES AND DISCUSSIONS
- The pros and cons of student accommodation in London April 18, 2016Some property investors are put off student accommodation by the scare stories they read about in the media, but there are many reasons why investment in this area can lead to big rewards. That’s not to say it’s without its own set of risk factors, but investing in student accommodation –... ?>
- What to look for in a buy-to-let investment property April 11, 2016There has been plenty of coverage about incoming buy-to-let tax changes and how this is bad news for landlords and investors across the country. However, buy-to-let still represents a very good investment opportunity if you choose the right areas and market your property well. Returns and yields can still be strong if... ?>
- There has never been a better time to secure a mortgage April 5, 2016According to Balgores Property Group, leading estate agents in Essex, there has never been a better time to secure a mortgage, with an increasing range of products for buyers and record low costs for two and three year fixed mortgage deals. Data from the Mortgage Advice Bureau (MAB) shows that the... ?>
FINANCE AND MORTGAGES
- Your opportunity to discuss Finance and Mortgages May 1, 2015Agents, brokers, intermediaries, investors and all, you're in the right place to discuss the latest goings-on in the complicated world of property finance. Pose your questions here or give advice to those new to the industry. You can start a new thread by clicking on the speech bubble icon to the... ?>